Jim Emmerton, BA, LL.B. is a member of the Board of Directors of Brock House Society and served as a director of OBSI (Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (Canada)) from 2012 to March 2022. He was a member of the OBSI Finance & Audit Committee (2012-2016) and Governance and HR Committee (2016 – present) and Chair of the Board 2018 to March 2022. He was the Executive Director of the British Columbia Law Institute (BCLI) / Canadian Centre for Elder Law (2007-2015) leading research and recommendations for new legislation in British Columbia. He has served as a member of:
- the National Seniors Council,
- OBSI's Consumer and Investor Advisory Council,
- Funding Review Committees for the National Energy Board (Canada),
- The Board of Sources Community Services, and
- The Board and Chair, Finance & Audit Committee of Family Councils of Ontario.
Prior to 2007, he served in various senior executive roles including as Treasurer, Secretary, and VP General Counsel of John Labatt Ltd, and SVP Corporate Development Secretary and General Counsel of Methanex Corporation.
Mr. Emmerton lives in Vancouver and is married with blended family of six children and 13 grandchildren.