New SRO has four appointed standing committees, each appointed by the Board in accordance with New SRO By-laws:
- Governance Committee
- Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
- Human Resources and Pension Committee
- Appointments Committee
The Governance Committee is charged with:
- Reviewing the governance policies, principles and practices of New SRO and making recommendations with respect to governance practices;
- Managing and overseeing the process for nominating new Directors to the Board with a view to ensuring that the Board reflects the national character of New SRO and draws upon the diversity and expertise of its members;
- Managing and overseeing the process for evaluating the overall performance of the Board and its committees on an annual basis;
- Ensuring that there is an effective process in place for the identification and management of real, potential or perceived conflicts of interest;
- Appointing individuals to the New SRO Investor Advisory Panel;
- Planning for Board succession.
Finance, Audit and Risk Committee
The Finance, Audit and Risk Committee is charged with assisting the Board in its oversight of:
- The integrity of New SRO’s accounting and financial reporting processes;
- The qualifications, independence and performance of New SRO’s external and internal auditors;
- New SRO’s processes relating to its internal control systems and security of information; and
- New SRO's policies and processes for risk management.
Human Resources and Pension Committee
The Human Resources and Pension Committee is charged with:
- Ensuring that New SRO is able to attract and retain personnel with the appropriate status and experience to achieve its corporate objectives;
- Ensuring that New SRO is able to attract and retain a workforce that will enhance the professionalism and effectiveness of the organization; and
- Assisting the Board in its oversight of New SRO’s human resources policies and procedures, benefits and pension plans, and with ensuring regulatory compliance thereof.
The Appointments Committee is charged with:
- Appointing public and industry members to the District Hearing Committees;
- If applicable, removing individual members from the District Hearing Committees;
- Overseeing New SRO’s processes associated with such appointments and removals.
Back to top